Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pashmina...The Pocket Closet Staple

The one staple item I believe every wardrobe (capsule or not) should have is a pashmina. This is an extremely versatile piece that can be worn and used in many different ways. I recommend buying a quality pashmina that will last you forever in an ample size, usually 28" x 80", which will allow you to wear as a scarf or a shawl. The Pashmina Store online offers a huge selection of authentic pashminas in a myriad of colours and sizes.

In the winter, a pashmina can be used as a scarf - twist the pashmina lengthwise to get a nice draping effect and wrap it around your neck several times for maximum warmth!

{Image via Pinterest}
Pashminas can be used as a light cover up in the summer time, thrown lightly around the shoulders or as a shawl. 

{Image via The Pashmina Store}
The pashmina is also a staple in my suitcase for travel - regardless of whether it is cold weather travel or warm weather travel. It always comes in handy when I need an extra sweater or to change up the look of an outfit (it's the key accessory to packing light!!!). I even use it as a blanket when it gets too chilly on the airplane - wouldn't you rather use your own pashmina as a blanket rather than the ones handed out on the airplane? Who knows how clean those are! I have even used my pashmina as a sarong to cover up pool side!

Here is some inspiration on how to wear your pashmina:
{Image via Pinterest}
How do you wear your pashmina? Please share your creative ideas with me!

XO, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment