Sunday, April 8, 2012

Friday Gallery on Sunday

I know it's Sunday and I missed the posting for Friday's Gallery...but in my defence, it was due to a reno project that has completely taken over my life. Over the last week, I decided to give my family's optical store a little facelift and a much needed update while my parents are away on vacation so that they have a nice little surprise when they get back. I've been painting, rearranging and redecorating until the cows come home and my whole body is so sore from all the physical labour I can barely life my arms, let alone type! So please excuse the late posting.

What I did discover through my little project and foray into the fashion world of eyewear recently, is a surge of interest in retro-looking and vintage frames. Perhaps it's the whole Mad Men frenzy, or perhaps like all fashion, trends are cyclical and everything new is also old.

Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised at the boxes of vintage frames I found, already labelled and ready for disposal. It took me a while to convince the staff that those frames aren't useless, but are actually "in style" again and much in demand!

If you are in the Toronto area on Wednesday April 11, 2012 at 12:30 pm, please come by Superb Optical, 398 Ferrier Street, Suite 100 for the big reveal and our "Grand Re-Opening". If not, please visit my personal blog La Belle Melange later this week to see pictures and my post on the revamped optical store and how I decorated.

If you're not on the vintage bandwagon yet, perhaps these images might give you a little push....

[all images via Pinterest and Polyvore]

Retro Eyewear



Tom Ford Nikita in Black


Prada Eyewear Campaign 2012

Tom Ford Eyewear Campaign 2011


Valentino Cat Eye Sunglasses



Anna Wintour in Vintage Chanel

What are your thoughts on vintage eyewear?
XO, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment