Thursday, May 3, 2012

Weekend Getaway

As the weather warms up and the Victoria Day long weekend approaches, weekend getaways are on my mind. As I always pack light, a weekend away for me involves only a large tote bag with essential toiletries and an extra top and some accessories to mix and match. I try to work my whole weekend around one outfit and theme.
Weekend Getaway
This would be my main outfit for the weekend


In addition to the above outfit, I would pack the following to get me through the weekend:

Weekend Getaway
1. An extra sweater to cover up in air conditioned places or at night; 2. An extra top for the second day; 3. A dress for dinner/night out; 4. Accessories - earrings, necklace, scarf and sunglasses; 5. A large tote to carry it all in
As you can see, I'm only packing an extra top, dress and sweater which can all be mixed an matched with the original pants, purse and flats combo. The accessories help to change or enhance the look of the outfits and are small and easy to pack.

Packing light does not mean you have to sacrifice style! I hope this inspires you to pare down your luggage and look forward to a weekend away and enjoy your vacation without the baggage to weigh you down!

XO, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment